CON/SPAN precast elements
Engineering structures made of precast elements
CON/SPAN elements are used for roads, railways and industrial applications:
- pedestrian tunnels,
- ecological crossings,
- underground storages.
Benefits of CON/SPAN system:
- designed for all road and railway live load classes according to norm PN-85/S-10030 and Pn-en 1991-2. All system conform to AASHTO LRFD bridge specification,
- provides ease and speed of installation,
- minimal reinforcement to be placed on site,
- no need to use formwork,
- no connection in cross section – installation without the use of scaffolding,
- possibility to make bend in plan view,
- complete system, unification of design and production,
- wide scope of applications,
- a wide range of cross sections,
- possibility of installing the CON/SPAN system after the express Foundations are done – reduction of installation time,
- possibility of using only certain elements of the system.
CON/SPAN construction process:
- excavate and prepare foundation subgrade,
- unload and place precast foundation sections,
- place minimal reinforcing at joints to provide foundation continuity,
- set precast bridge units, headwalls and wingwalls,
- fill cells with cast-in-place concreto,
- seal joints, grout wingwalls and backfill.
Technical support from ViaCon Sp. z o.o.
Cross section of engineering structure is selected according to clearance box and required load capacity. Each time characteristic parameters for individual project are defined such as: span, height, cross section area, thickness element, precast element, width, reinforcement.
ViaCon offers full support for designing of CON/SPAN precast bridge system and well qualified assembly teams will take a comprehensive system installation on site.